Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Adoption

So as most of you know my husband Sam is adopted. We think it was a great blessing he was, because him being Samoan and then living in Samoa, we never would have met. Yesterday I had the opportunity to go to the courts while my cousin Candace and her husband adopted two girls. They are not able to get pregnant and so this was there only option. These two girls had a really rough up bringing and to have them be adopted by my cousin and her husband will really give them a great new life, compared to the crappy one they were headed for. Their names are Meagan, who is 9, and getting baptized this Saturday (now that the adoption is finalized) and Natalie who is 5. They are so cute! Here are some pictures of the adoption yesterday!

My mom and I went and took my niece Kaylee who is the same age as Natalie. The two girls, who are adopted, are holding bears.

1 comments:

Liz said...

So totally off subject . . . I'm going to have to skip on the advice book. Sorry. Just money going too many other places right now. Love you guys!! Say hi to Sammy for me!!