Thursday, March 6, 2008

Are You My Grandma??

I had a few errands to run the other day and took my mom's car, because Sammy had ours for work. Since we live downstairs from my parents I can pick from like 4 cars that they have. They also just sold the 5th car and there's only 3 drivers. Anyway, its pretty easy to change cars. So I had to run to the eye doctor, for my mom, to pick up contacts. It was just Kaylee and myself and on the way out to the car, from the doctors, Kaylee needed go potty.(Those of you with kids know they always have to go at the most inconvienient times!!) After the bathroom we headed down the hallway to go back out to the car and I start looking for the keys to my moms car. I was talking to Kaylee saying, "Where is grandma's keys?" I remember helping Kaylee out of the car and sometimes she likes to hold them to lock the car. So I kept asking Kaylee if she had given me grandma's keys? "Did you see where I put grandmas keys?" "Do you see grandma's keys on the ground?" she kept saying no. Of course I'm digging through my purse taking out everything and this older lady is watching us. I was un-aware. After a minute of me talking to Kaylee, this lady finally says, "You're not her grandma are you?" I laughed and said, "No, we drove grandma's car and I'm looking for the keys". She kinda looked at me weird and walked away! HAHA

3 comments:

Kaylene said...

Haha, that's be two VERY young mama's, LOL! Too funny!

The Naegle's said...

HILARIOUS!! I would have told the lady "yes, I am her grandma" DUH!!! Dont worry Sara your butt doesn't sag too bad yet... especially not for a grandma... Hee hee :-)

Peggy said...

As for Grma's keys, I got into Logan last Sat. afternoon to pick up Grma Great. Got out at a Flying J. Came back to the car w/my keys AND cell phone IN the car. Lucky me! I'd put a spare key in a magnetic box down under the tire!! SO soon Grma was on her way again!