Friday, February 29, 2008

Passports

Ok, So Sam and I went near the beginning of the year to get our passports. I just needed to do a name change and he needed to get a whole new one. Mine was finished first and came in the mail in about 3 weeks, end of January. Sam's would take longer. We got a letter in the mail saying something was wrong with his passport and that we needed to call in and fix it. Now mind you, we did this at the end of January which was about the time I had recieved my passport. We had called every week to find out if they were processing it and all they could say was that they didn't know that information at that time. As of right now, we're leaving for Cancun in about 14 or so days. So we, Sara, started to stress. This past Sunday Sammy was on a transport. We had called the passport place before he left and spoke with a very UNhelpful lady who could only say, "I'm sorry, I don't really know what is going on with it." I decided to fast and pray this past Sunday and just today, not even a week later, his passport came in the mail! I was so overjoyed! I fell to my knees in the family room and offered our thanks. Obviously without this passport we would not be able to go to Cancun. Most of our flights down there are for free, since Sammy has a bunch of Skymiles and my parents got the hotel for us. We are using some of Sammy's Marriott Reward Points, that he has accrued for traveling, and on the way back we are staying with his Uncle Kevin and Aunt Ellen. We are so excited because most of this trip is free, AND its our honeymoon! I've been so excited to go and with this passport thing, I thought we might of had to end up staying in California or I might have had to go to Cancun by myself!! Our tickets from LA to Cancun were 700 dollars NON REFUNDABLE!!! That was really stressfull. Anyway, his passport finally came today so it is definitely a GO!!! I'm even more excited now!!!

5 comments:

Kaylene said...

Yay!!! Great! I'm so glad it all worked out. You'll have to share lots of pictures when you get back!

Suzanne said...

Have a great time...we had a belated honeymoon to Hawaii...Elizabeth is our "honeymoon" baby...hehehe!!!!
Love you two-aunt suzanne

Will Thomas said...

Great Testimony builder on Fasting & Prayer. Enjoy Cancun, that's where Jenni & I went on our honeymoon.

Ellen H said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
NelsonFam said...

Yeah for the two of you. What a fun life you have just started and Cancun is the perfect place to build memories!