Thursday, February 26, 2009

Draper Temple Open House

So my Sam and I and my family went to the open house for the new draper temple. It was so much fun. We went and met at a church, and my nephew Taylor was runnin all over the place. But he was still cute. And then we went and got on a bus which chartered us to the temple. It was so neat to be there. It was cool to see all the different temples and how they are layed out and I love the stain glass! In the bride room, (ya know, where the brides get ready to go get married) and it was beautiful. The light fixtures were silver with crystal danglers. It was beautiful. Afterward we went to a chapel for refreshments. Then after that, we went for burgers. It was a fun night out. And the new temple will be beautiful. We can't wait for the Oquirrah Hill's temple to open, because my sister in law katie, her father is a glass cutter, and he cut all the glass, stained and otherwise for that temple. He does temples all over the world, even some in the Salt Lake temple. But if you haven't had a chance to go to the Draper, you really should go.

1 comments:

Kaylene said...

My brothers friends did a lot of the glass in the Draper temple, so that's cool. Glad you had a good time! :)