Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Bob MarLey's BiRthDAy!!!

So this weekend it Bob Marley's birthday. And if you know anything about us, we love Bob Marley. He was born on Feb 6th, and that would be this friday. He passed away on May 11th, of cancer. His last words were to his son Ziggy, and they were "Money can't buy life!" I think that is so true. One thing that he said, that I think is so true, becuase it will be my children's life, "I don't have prejudice against meself. My father was a white and my mother was black. Them call me half-caste or whatever. Me don't dip on nobody's side. Me don't dip on the black man's side nor the white man's side. Me dip on God's side, the one who create me and cause me to come from black and white."
He was born to a white father and a black mother. And my children will be born to a white mother and a brown father, and I have been wondering what my children will think about that. And so that was good to hear Bob's stand on things.
Some of our friends are "playing tribute" to him this friday at a club in park city, called Harry O's. on Friday Feb 6th. The band is Natural Root's. All is welcome to come at hear Reggae music and celebrate Bob Marley's life.



To hear some of the songs, just go to there myspace page. http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=54936874

1 comments:

Unknown said...

That looked like fun. I think I ended up taking the kids to Bountiful that night cuz Haini's lil bro and sis flew in from Hawaii. Haini was at work, of course. I hope you had fun