Monday, November 10, 2008

SAVINGS

So like I have said before our friends from down south the Tonga's have got us started on this coupon kick. It is a website, called pinchingyourpennies.com. you can find the link there, you go there, and sign up. Its for free, and then you can get started. You can find the store near you, and print out coupons, but you do have to do your work too, For the last month, Sam goes on Sunday's to a gas station and he buy's 3 newspapers. And we sit together and cut out coupons, and I put them in a divider. So this past Saturday, we decided to make our first trip. We went to the website, then went to screaming deals by state, found utah. then you look at the "threads" and you can click on the different stores, we usually shop at Albertson's.  So we look for a thread about albertsons, This past week, there was a HUGE sale there. So we went and printed the coupons on the products that were ALREADY on sale! So we took our coupon's and headed to the store. We did all our shopping on the 10 for $10, or 5 for $10, or whatever, then you have coupon's and get it for even more off!!! It was awesome, needless to say, we went and had 2 shopping carts and before they rang up our coupons, it was 350.00! WHOA, then we gave our coupons, and out the door..... Are you ready??... its huge.... We paid out of pocket, 150.oo, with our coupons we saved 200 dollars! holy cow!! We do have cereal and cake mix coming out our ears, but we got soup, febreeze, gogurt, pizza rolls, and lots of stuff. It was awesome. I am sorta starting my food storage with this. Its awesome. If you want to learn to do this, leave me a message. And we can talk! For those of you out of state, it works for states other then utah, you just have to find your state when you go to screaming deals by state. It seriously saves you so much money. You will be standing there giving coupon's for what feels like an hour, but it is all worth it!! 

4 comments:

Steele's said...

Another great website that I swear by is couponmom.com. She even breaks down sales with coupons for Wal-mart and Target.

Liz said...

Okay - Amy and Sara - I need serious help. HELP! I keep trying to do this, but I get too frustrated.

The Gentry Family said...

That is so awesome! I need you to teach me how to save some money!!!

The Thomas Family said...

That sounds like my kind of website. :) A women after my own heart.