Saturday, December 27, 2008

Merry Christmas to all.... And to all a Goodnight!!!

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas. We sure did. We got spoiled. And pictures to come, here is a quick run down of the past week,

Tuesday we had my grandmothers funeral, and if you remember, it was a blizzard, snow was coming in sideways! It was freezing. I did take some pictures, but maybe they are too personal to put on here. The funeral was nice, I actually said the obituary and life sketch! Uhh for those of you who don't know, I NEVER EVER speek in church. So that was a HUGE accomplishment for me! And I think I did rather well!!! We also sand Silent Night, that song will never be the same, and we also sang Away in a Manger. We also did a DI run... read why below

Wednesday Christmas eve!! This day we kinda woke up exhausted from our week with Grandma. But we were having a huge family party tonight, so I was running all the errands for my mom for food and stuff. And getting some last min. gifts, because I hadn't even thought about gifts since last wednesday... and our dinner started at 6. (Last year my sister -in-law Angie decided to come in a "Christmas Sweater 80's style" so we all decided to pick up on it this year. We all got into our sweaters and vests and had a very nice Christmas Sweater Christmas Eve dinner! It is now a tradition.


After dinner, Santa came. He comes every year, and brings everyone a gift. We all take a turn sitting on his lap



and after that usually everyone with kids go home, and those of us with out kids, stay and play games into the wee hours of the night. Sam got Monopoly and we decided to play that all night, when I say all night, I am not joking. He and my brother Spencer went to bed at 4 AM!!!


Thursday CHRISTMAS!!!! We woke up, and drove down for breakfast at the Steele's. Yes, we drove in the blizzard. What should have been a 20 min drive, was now an hour and a half, and we ended up late.... I got stuck TWICE!! It was so scary, they didnt end up plowing the roads until about 130, so we were getting more and more snow on the roads. It was so scary to drive in. I hate driving in snow. We got a great gift from the Steele's.... Food storage, which we will need to start adding to. Oh, on the way to the Steele's Sam stopped at grabbed Omini so he could spend some Christmas with us as well. And we had Omelet's for breakfast, played some games, then decided we better head home, because it was still majorly snowing, and we didnt want to get stuck in another HUGE snow storm. So we got home around 4 which is opening gift time at my parents. So we all gathered in the living room, around the Tree and we take turns opening gifts in our stockings... I got great lotion and shower stuff, and then we open our other gifts. Sam and I were so lucky, my parents got us our VERY OWN COMPUTER!!! So Sam has been setting that up the last two days!! We all got an outfit from my grandma's... Thank you! Then after opening gifts we eat our traditional peach pancakes! They were delicious. While we were all playing with our new games and gifts and toys, it started to snow, and before we knew it, My brother Scot and family got snowed in! They live about 30 min up north, and it was a blizzard. So they slept over, and we had fun and watched a movie!

Friday We woke up, and there was so much snow, that we decided to go sledding. I didn't go, I just wanted to relax. Then they came back, and we decided to go see a movie. After the movie, it was time for Sam and Omi to go to the Jazz game that I got them tickets to go to. That game was a lot of fun, and Sam finished setting up our computer!

Whew, what a week! Today is Saturday, and we are just going to be taking it easy today, and maybe play some of our new games.

I hope everyone had a very nice and safe Christmas. I hope we all thought a little bit about what Christmas really was, and remember the special gift we all got soo long ago.

Merry Christmas to all..... and to all a goodnight!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Im so glad you had a good Christmas and im super excited for you to have your own computer! That is so great!!! I love having my own lap top!

I miss you! Give me a ring ok! maybe next sat or monday we could get together :)

The Gentry Family said...

I'm glad you had a good Christmas! We got a computer too, and some food storage from my parents...funny! Let's play again soon.

Unknown said...

Yeah!!! Merry Christmas you guys

Unknown said...

Ok Sam, you are killing me with the pictures. Especially the first one. You definitely had me laughing. Ralph