Thursday, December 18, 2008

Passing away

Today has been a sad day for me and my family. This afternoon at 3 my grandma (who has lived with us for 4 years this passed thanksgiving) passed away. It was very sad, yet happy. Now she is no longer suffering and she is with her husband that she lost a year and a half ago. She had demensia, and was pretty much bedridden for the last year. Since I live in my parents basement, I have had to opportunity to take care of her, when my mom needs a night out. I have gotten really close to my grandma with her living here. Well, her and my grandpa, its sad they are both gone now. But they are so happy where they are, and we are happy they are there. We just miss them while we are here, but we will all be together again soon.

10 comments:

The Carlsons said...

Our condolences to you and your family.

Ralph & Susan

Liz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Liz said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. We love you all.

Minster Family

Rhonda said...

Dear Sara, you share your heart so beautifully. We watched the tender care that you, your mother and other family members gave to your sweet grandma and grandpa and know you have no regrets. That is truly a blessing as you relinquish her to her sweetheart. Our hearts are full-with yours-at this time. We love you dearly.
Rhonda & Kevin

MarkS said...

You said it so well, the mixed emotions of sadness at your grandmother's passing, but knowing she has been released from her suffering and reunited with your grandfather.

Blessings on you and your family for the loving care you all showed to her. I'm sure there were many times it wasn't easy.

Jenny said...

Sara...I love you and am here for you if there is anything you need! Always have been always will be :)

She is in a much better place!

Call me. Love ya!

Heather and Eric said...

I am sorry to hear that. I am glad she is reunited with her husband.

Kaylene said...

(((HUGS))) Anything I can do for you?

Suzanne said...

What a wonderful reunion your grandparents had...and I am glad you have that knowledge to give you comfort!

Jenny said...

Merry Christmas Sara!!!

Matt loves you too!!!!

Call me and we can go plan soon!