Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Our newest family member

So last friday Sam and I were just out doing some errands and we had some time to spare. So I said, lets go to the humane society and see if there is a dog that speaks to me. (I was thinking I wanted a dog, a small dog mind you!!) So we walk in, and I am just wandering around, and Sam got a phone call, and headed out. I was still walking around. And then I saw it.... a German Short Hair. Which my husbands favorite dog. I came out and was like Sam they have a German Short hair. He IMMEDIATELY wanted to see it! So I say, hey, I think they let you take them outside. So we went and asked. And we got to take him out. And he was such a good dog! He is 2 years old. And we decided to put him on hold and Sam, Toby, Sarah, and I went to go buy some birds to see if the dog would point. (its a hunting thing) so we came back the next morning, and brought the birds. And sure enough, he pointed right away! It was great. And the good thing was, he was only 40.00 dollars with tax and everything! It was great, and one of my BFF's Emily, had a dog kennel which she isnt using cuz her doggie is trained. So we borrowed that. And right after we got him, we had to put him in there, cuz we had to go to the U game! WE LOVE TO SUPPORT OUR UTES! When we came back, my parents had him out, and they really like him too. And the is AWESOME with my niece and nephew, he never barks or jumps on them. He'll lay down and let them pet him. He lets my nephew lead him around by his ear. We picked out a name... its Toa. (toe-uh) it means Warrior in Samoan. He is already responding, and doing great. Here is a pic


He's not really a puppy anymore. He is about up to my knee. If you want to meet him, come on over!!

10 comments:

The Van Der Vaarts said...

He is so cute! I can't wait for us to meet him! And I'm excited for Choji to meet him too! *Love*

Amber said...

Ya... Omini got in the car and told me right away about his new dog LOL! Congrats! I am waiting to hear when Omini will come home saying he is having new baby sister or brother ;)

TJ and Jen Sherwood said...

cutie pie doggy!! TJ is trying to convince me to get another dog and I'm not so sure about it but I will definitely go to the pound to get onw now!

The Gentry Family said...

Cute! Ken wants a dog so bad...I'm not so sure if I want one. Don't tell him that you got one! :) Congrats on your new baby!

Liz said...

Congrats - how exciting!! Still planning on Halloween?? I think everyone is going to be at our place around 4:30 for dinner and to get all dressed up! I'll send an email later with the details.
Liz

Jeff and Rach said...

Does Sam hunt birds?

MarkS said...

Beautiful dog--you'll have to take him the next time the Utes play the Falcons!

Kaylene said...

Oh congrats!

Peggy said...

Too fun! Or is that
TOA FUN!

Happy day for you guys!

Unknown said...

that is coooool. Marley loves dogs. We have to stick to the fake ones for now. How is Sam doing with the academy and stuff. We need to get together sometime.